A modern apartment, located just off the colonial fray of the historical centre, is not the norm in Cartagena. So if you are drawn to the cleaner, linear atmosphere of Bocagrande but want to be more integrated into the old town, Curuba Apartment is a prime pick out of the accommodation bunch.
This spacious apartment, brilliantly illuminated by floor-to-ceiling windows that back out onto an awe-inspiring view, is a stunning example of the advantages of being on the flipside of the old town.
4 bedrooms are framed by an open plan living room livened up by pop art and funky furniture combinations, that make the minimalist space pop with colour.
Cocooned here, in a soothing white blanket of comfort and all the trappings of modern living luxury, it's easy to forget you are located is in more chaotic end of the centre - especially if you're passed out on a hammock looking out onto pretty postcard angle of Cartagena.
For a fraction of the price, groups willing to trade any postcard pretentiousness and lux bonuses, like a pool, can leave more room for eating out or shelling out the bucks on a beach excursion later on (the sea trumps pool after all).
Get past the endearing hustle and bustle of the street, and you'll clock onto the fact that you're actually in a desirable spot in town, thanks to the antique gems of the old city and bohemian edginess of Getsemani being within equal distance of one another.
When finding an apartment in Cartagena that hits the budget/quality ratio is about as easy as bobbing for apples with no teeth, this is well and truly a Golden Delicious of a vacation rental option for the beady-eyed budget tourist.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* The gentrifying element of the area means you get a great deal for your money whilst being plugged into the best of the city.
* Recently renovated, you don’t have to deal with tired plumbing like you do in some of older ‘less-loved’ budget options
* Bedrooms are huge. A comforting note for the square metre chasers out there.
* Skip making breakfast at home and take advantage of the copious amount of fruit stalls on your doorstep. Mango Biche with a twist of lime and a pinch of salt will become your new breakfast staple.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* This is a 4-bedroom house that sleeps up to 10 people
* There are 2 double beds, 1 king, 2 twin beds and 1 sofa bed
* This apartment is located in the centre, on the outskirts of the old well-trodden tourist part of town
* This vacation stay is a self-catering apartment and can only be rented as a full house
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
We know the city better than anyone. Our talented team of local insiders has hand picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours andbona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
We'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We're a local company. Book with us and you get:
* Up to 30% off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena
* Exclusive deals on boat and yacht rentals
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants
* The local lowdown on what's happening in Cartagena during your stay
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips
If you're looking for some help organising your trip or have a question that needs answering, contact our City Concierge team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Air Conditioning
- Family rooms
- Rooftop Terrace
- Wheel chair access
- Free Wi-Fi