This bijou retreat on the edge of Cartagena's historic old town will keep you out of the Cartagena fray but just close enough to the city's action to ensure that you don't miss out on any of the fun.
Just two blocks from the nocturnal and gastronomic delights of the Plaza San Diego and the city's most exclusive hotel, the Sofitel Santa Clara, this is an affordable alternative for a family or friends.
Size wise it's built for a family or a small group of up to eight friends. The cutesy, colonial pad has a small plunge pool in a petite but sweet patio that divides the open-plan kitchen / dining area from an enclosed lounge to form a fun entertainments zone at ground level.
There's a rustic dining table that seats up to eight and a breakfast area that links to the open-plan kitchen.
Upstairs there's a master bedroom nestled in the house's colonial eaves and two smaller rooms with a basement that takes the house's total occupation capacity to eight.
Palm trees reach up to the second floor. On the roof there's a small terrace for BBQs and sun worshippers.
The Interiors follow a rustic theme with plenty of the city's traditional military brick and thick wooden beams giving your house a solid feel and the aquamarine colour scheme offering a lighter touch.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* A pool / dining area that encourages socializing at ground level.
* Staying in Cartagena's old town without paying through the teeth for the privilege.
* Being so close to the fine-dining on offer in San Diego, El Boliche Cebichería, La Cevichería and 1621 are just a short walk.
* Having the best stocked supermarket in the historic centre right next door makes stocking up for the weekend easy.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* Casa Maracuya can be booked for a minimum of 2 nights.
* The smaller rooms aren't big on space but they are comfortable enough.
* With two king-sized beds and two singles upstairs and two singles in the basement, the house can sleep up to 8 people but its more comfortable with six.
* The house comes with a cleaner and someone to prepare breakfast. If you need extra services a concierge service can be arranged.
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
Our talented team of local insiders has hand-picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours and bona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
Book with us and we'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We're a local company. Book with us and get access to exclusive TIC perks:
* Complimentary transport pick up from airport to house.
* We include a breakfast of champions in all of our house rentals
* All of our houses have 24/7 security
* Daily cleaning services free of charge *Discounts off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena.
* Complimentary upgrades on boat rental.
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want.
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants.
* The local lowdown on what's happening in Cartagena during your stay.
* An intoduction to the faces and places that make us smile.
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips.
If you're looking for some help finding the perfect place to stay in Cartagena or need help organising something else, contact our City Concierge team on:email@example.com
- Air Conditioning
- Family rooms
- Swimming Pool
- Rooftop Terrace
- Free Wi-Fi