Luxurious with a distinct artistic edge, Casa Papaya is a wonderfully fruity mixture of contemporary luxury and Caribbean colonialism.
Aside from the obvious holiday box tickers, like a pool and prime views overlooking the city centre, there is a colorful originality from the stunning artwork strewn all over the house’s walls.
With at least one abstract piece in each room, it won't come as any surprise the house's owner is a part-time artist that likes to turn this beautiful house into a live studio space for his art to pose in.
Mood-lifting splashes of colour, whether it's the warm purple wicker chairs fluffed with icy blue cushions, the aqua blue headboards or clean blue of the large swimming pool, get you in the perfect mood for your Caribbean holiday – and if you're still in need of a holiday nudge, the funky palenquera statues in the stairway, almost caricature-esque in their exoticness, should do the trick.
The historical details elaborate on the ‘back-in-time’ feel you get when you're catching some winks on the antique beds. Old furniture, original tiled floor and distressed marble pillars are the perfect accessories of a design-led house that’s still humbled by its history – and has no intention of bulldozing through it.
It's big. 6 nicely sized bedrooms sleep up to 12, and there are vast common areas made for impromptu socials with your mates and any locals you meet along the way.
Trust us, with a city as convivial as your vibrant surroundings you should have no problem filling this stylish bolthole to the brim with newfound friends.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* It's hard not to fall for house that oozes this much color and bohemian style.
* Sleeping in a house that’s been taken out of a colonial fairytale. The historical details are a winner.
* Taking a dip in the delicious pool before tucking into your morning arepa de huevo is the perfect start to any day.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* This is a 6-bedroom house made up of four king beds and four doubles.
* This house has a small rooftop terrace, where the selling point is the great view as opposed to the size.
* This vacation stay can only be rented as a full house.
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
We know the city better than anyone. Our talented team of local insiders has hand picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours and bona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
We'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We're a local company. Book with us and get access to exclusive TIC perks:
* Complimentary transport pick up from airport to house.
* We include a breakfast of champions in all of our house rentals.
* All of our houses have 24/7 security.
* Daily cleaning services free of charge *Discounts off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena.
* Complimentary upgrades on boat rental.
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want.
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants.
* The local lowdown on what's happening in Cartagena during your stay.
* An intoduction to the faces and places that make us smile.
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips.
If you're looking for some help organising your trip or have a question that needs answering, contact our City Concierge team: email@example.com
- Air Conditioning
- Swimming Pool
- Rooftop Terrace
- Pets Allowed
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Wheel chair access
- Safe Deposit Box