A few short steps from Cartagena's most popular public square, Plaza Santo Domingo, this 9-room mansion is popular with big groups that don't want to pay through the nose for an unforgettable stay in Cartagena's old town.
More comfortable than luxurious, this well-worn colonial villa trades on its proximity to Cartagena's best nightlife and restaurants, a generous swimming pool and a spacious roof terrace - all the essential ingredients for a perfect stay in Colombia's Caribbean gem.
Like many of Cartagena's most impressive colonial mansions it doesn't look like much from the outside but expands like Dr Who's Tardis once you step inside.
Step into this Caribbean villa and you are struck by a verdant curtain of tropical vegetation that acts as a veil between the downstairs public spaces and the swimming pool at ground level.
Casa Zapallo's lush fauna plays with the house's tangerine motif and vibrant art collection deployed throughout to brighten up the abundant exposed brick and colonial walls.
The nine comfortable rooms are distributed across three levels with a variety of layouts. Most have double king-sized beds, but there are a couple of rooms with twin beds for the kids or friends that don't mind sharing.
Public areas that include a grand salon used for weddings and meetings have a more rustic theme that contrasts with the contemporary style of the bedrooms.
Casa Zapallo's big pull is having plenty of space to let rip, so get planning some impressive social activities.
The pool has seen its fair share of nocturnal action and the expansive roof terrace has great views of the city's principal landmarks. A Jacuzzi on the roof is there for lazy afternoons hanging out with a drink, soaking up the Caribbean sunshine.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* A swimming pool is bigger than most and encourages socializing at ground level.
* Staying in Cartagena's old town without paying through the teeth for the privilege.
* Being so close to the city's best nightlife - Bourbon Street, La Movida and La Perla are right on your doorstep.
* Vibrant art that will brighten up your days and nights.
* A nocturnal hot tub session with a view of Cartagena's up-lit Cathedral.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* The owners only rent the house out in its entirety during high season but rooms can be rented separately from March to December.
* The house is being remodeled permanently for maintenance.
* With 9 rooms, the house can sleep up to 30 people comfortably.
* The house comes with a cleaner and someone to prepare breakfast. If you need extra services a concierge service can be arranged.
* The owner is happy to rent the house for social soirees, weddings and other events.
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
Our talented team of local insiders has hand-picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours and bona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
Book with us and we'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We're a local company. Book with us and get access to exclusive TIC perks:
* Complimentary transport pick up from airport to house.
* We include a breakfast of champions in all of our house rentals.
* All of our houses have 24/7 security.
* Daily cleaning services free of charge *Discounts off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena.
* Complimentary upgrades on boat rental.
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want.
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants.
* The local lowdown on what's happening in Cartagena during your stay.
* An intoduction to the faces and places that make us smile.
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips.
If you're looking for some help finding the perfect place to stay in Cartagena or need help organising something else, contact our City Concierge team on:email@example.com
- Air Conditioning
- Family rooms
- Swimming Pool
- Rooftop Terrace
- Meeting rooms
- Free Wi-Fi