If the idea of gutting a colonial house of all its glory and filling it with strip flooring and double glazing brings a tear to your eye, then you can unite with the owners of Casa Piña, who would never do anything of the sort.
Lovingly re-mastered with a fresh lick of paint, wicker furniture and some fancy looking plants, Casa Piña maintains the illusion of Getsemani's ‘diamond in the rough’ colonial status by not shaking its original foundations too much: the mosaic tiles and beguiling alcoves are very much intact and the rooms aren't full of useless pomp and clutter.
Simple, clean with all the essentials: a comfy bed, lots of natural light and just enough tropical touches to remind yourself you're in the Caribbean, it's all too easy to catch 40 winks after a day discovering Cartagena's postcard perfect streets.
This house is a laid-back luxurious shade of what Getsemani is all about. It's a two floor bolthole with a sense of community (lots of shared bathrooms and spaces) and boutique, intimate intentions.
Admiringly, it packs a lot into just two floors. 6 double bedrooms, thanks to extra beds hidden under the bedstead ,can sleep up to 20 people, which is perhaps most believable when you are in the house’s grand common spaces, cleverly elongated by high alcoves.
Prepare some freshly squeezed OJ in the well-stocked kitchen, hang out on the upstairs terrace, a stone's throw away from the lively Plaza Trinidad, and plan your holiday itinerary, There is almost too much to pack in when you're staying in the dreamily located Casa Piña.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* You're in the savviest area for nightlife. Some of the best bars in town, including our top faves, Demente and Bar de Sur, are within arm reach.
* We love how the house is in its glammed up original state; the tiled floors and original ceiling decor are to die for.
* Wowing your fellow guests with an authentic Colombian meal that you prepared with all the fresh fruit and veg you picked up in one of Getsemani's gazillion food carts.
* Having a peak of Plaza Trinidad's lively square from your very own balcony.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* This is a 6 bedroom house that sleeps 20. Each double bed has two pull out single beds underneath to cater to large groups.
* This vacation stay can only be rented as a full house.
* Breakfast is not included in the price, but can be added at extra cost.
* We prefer the ambience in the second floor lounge area to the lower ground dining room. You should have your social gatherings there.
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
We know the city better than anyone. Our talented team of local insiders has hand picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours and bona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
We'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We're a local company. Book with us and get access to exclusive TIC perks:
* Complimentary transport pick up from airport to house.
* We include a breakfast of champions in all of our house rentals
* All of our houses have 24/7 security
* Daily cleaning services free of charge *Discounts off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena.
* Complimentary upgrades on boat rental.
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want.
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants.
* The local lowdown on what's happening in Cartagena during your stay.
* An intoduction to the faces and places that make us smile.
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips.
If you're looking for some help organising your trip or have a question that needs answering, contact our City Concierge team:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Air Conditioning
- Family rooms
- Swimming Pool
- Rooftop Terrace
- Meeting rooms
- Free Wi-Fi