Life in Cartagena seems all the more marvellous with a sea view and they don't come much better than that in Casa Uchuva (the house of the sea).
With two imperious terraces that look out to sea over Cartagena's historic walls you can see why Louis Vuitton, head designer Marc Jacobs makes this his private hideaway when he's in town.
Built over two levels with a Luis Barragan-inspired swimming pool on the ground-floor interior patio and a jacuzzi on the roof for luck, Casa Uchuva, can sleep up to 10 in five comfortable rooms.
Each of its five boho chic bedrooms is kitted out with its own private bathroom, air conditioning and ceiling fans.
For big groups there are seven beds, three doubles and four singles with a living room catering to intellectual types that love to flick through weighty coffee table books covering the gamut of cultural life.
A barbeque on the second floor connects perfectly with one of Cartagena's few lawns, but the house's piéce de résistance is the open-air master bedroom and rooftop terrace both withtruly captivating sea views.
A ground-floor dining table seats 12 for banquets by the pool. Art throughout by Lorenzo Cortazar, the father of talented Colombian designer, Esteban Cortazar.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* Watching the sunset into the Caribbean from the comfort of your bed or jacuzzi.
* A rooftop jacuzzi that makes it hard to leave the house.
* The crimson Luis Barragan-inspired flash of red and the uplit swimming pool.
* Close proximity to great bars and restaurants.
* A cultured living room with books and art that will keep culture buffs sweet.
* Staff that know how to cook and love to help out.
* Open-air bathrooms.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* The house can be hired in its entirety or individual rooms can be booked in the shoulder season.
* There are seven beds in five bedrooms that sleep up to 10 people comfortably.
* Hotel level services are not available but you can always contact our Cartagena Concierge for all your catering needs.
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
Our talented team of local insiders has hand-picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours and bona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
Book with us and we'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We're a local company. Book with us and get access to exclusive TIC perks:
* Complimentary transport pick up from airport to house.
* We include a breakfast of champions in all of our house rentals.
* All of our houses have 24/7 security.
* Daily cleaning services free of charge *Discounts off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena.
* Complimentary upgrades on boat rental.
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want.
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants.
* The local lowdown on what's happening in Cartagena during your stay.
* An intoduction to the faces and places that make us smile.
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips.
If you're looking for some help finding the perfect place to stay in Cartagena or need help organising something else, contact our City Concierge team on:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Air Conditioning
- Dry cleaning
- Swimming Pool
- Rooftop Terrace
- Free Wi-Fi
- Concierge Service