Casa del Hobo
A killer villa in the heart of Cartagena, Casa del Hobo is for high-rolling out-of-towners and families looking for a little privacy, brilliant eating options on the doorstep and a prized location in the city's most chilled barrio, San Diego.
Owned by the same family for 250 years, the Colonial-era house was given a contemporary re-fit six years ago by the owners of one of the city's most ambitious hotel projects - Obra Pia.
Nothing short of beautiful, the perfectly formed property stretches over three open-plan floors, styled with treated and whitewashed wood, Indian antiques and red brick interiors.
The four generous bedrooms boast luxurious 800-thread bed linen with coral-stone bathrooms and sumptuous fixtures and fittings and lends itself to big family rentals, sleeping nine comfortably.
Just half a block from fine-dining at El Boliche Cebichería, Montmartre, El Santísimo and Agua de Mar, there are plenty of entertaining escapes right on the doorstep.
You will be fighting over the house's pièce de résistance, a decadent master bedroom complete with intricate wooden Hindu headboard and sizeable Bougainvillea-covered balcony overlooking the charming San Diego street below.
Other rooms include a standard double, a bedroom with two singles and a rooftop hide with three single beds for those most likely to be up late making the most of the inviting rooftop terrace, Jacuzzi and barbeque area, perfect for al fresco entertaining well into the early hours.
On ground level, the open-plan kitchen, swimming pool and living area is great for inviting over a few new friends and has been the venue for some of Cartagena's top social events as well as a relaxed setting for some tip-top Caribbean cooking classes that can be arranged during your stay.
Don't spend all your time in the kitchen, though. Be sure to take the plunge in the long sapphire-coloured courtyard pool and enjoy a refreshing break from all that eating and drinking.
If you're worried about missing out on the services available in some of Cartagena's top hotels - don't. There are two members of staff on hand available to attend to your every need.
Extras include a yacht on hand to whisk you off the Rosario Islands and a masseuse to make your stay even more magnificent.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* It's the perfect location for groups and families, with four bedrooms that sleep nine people.
* The extra privacy of having your own Caribbean bolthole.
* Located in the heart of Cartagena's beautiful old town near the best restaurants.
* A Fantastic deep blue pool and rooftop jacuzzi make for a very enjoyable stay.
* Beautiful and stylish interiors with bedrooms that are literally the lap of colonial luxury.
* Large L-shaped couch area for relaxing alone or with a group.
* Staff are available 24-7 to attend to your needs.
* Jumping in the owner's private yacht to head to the islands.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* You need to book the house in its entirety, although during the week discounts can be given if you don't use all the rooms.
* Do not confuse the house with Hotel Boutique Cochera de Hobo, a small hotel on the same street.
* Cooking classes, yacht hire and massages are not included in the price of the house rental.
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
Our talented team of local insiders has hand-picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours and bona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
Book with us and we'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We're a local company. Book with us and get access to exclusive TIC perks:
* Complimentary transport pick up from airport to house.
* We include a breakfast of champions in all of our house rentals.
* All of our houses have 24/7 security.
* Daily cleaning services free of charge *Discounts off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena.
* Complimentary upgrades on boat rental.
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want.
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants.
* The local lowdown on what's happening in Cartagena during your stay.
* An intoduction to the faces and places that make us smile.
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips.
If you're looking for some help finding the perfect place to stay in Cartagena or need help organising something else, contact our City Concierge team on:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Air Conditioning
- Dry cleaning
- Family rooms
- Swimming Pool
- Rooftop Terrace
- Free Wi-Fi
- Concierge Service
- Room service
- Safe Deposit Box