As one of the oldest properties in Cartagena's exquisite Centro Historico, this palatial casa made up of five separate but inter-connected suites is one of the most exciting renovation projects the city has seen.
Boasting original foundations that date back to 1533, the 16th century Casa Pombo is awash with history and the product of a first-class refurbishment by acclaimed architect Alvaro Barrera.
One of its most striking features is a three-storey slate courtyard waterfall and luscious dining room that won it a deserved place in the prestigious Wallpaper* City Guide. A rooftop mirador for sunset cocktails just underlines its seven-star feel.
Best of all, it's a stone's throw from Cartagena's best nightlife venues, rooftop bars and VIP hangouts. Although with this place booked you won't want to go anywhere, soiree away right at home.
Behind its reassuringly heavy oak door is a world of luxury and opulence, where five private restored suites (each sporting their own private balcony) serve up unique characteristics to ensure your stay is nothing less than enchanting.
In one suite, an old cell makes for a quirky toilette, whilst a different suite sports the famous regal bed where Javier Bardem writhed with Italian actress Giovanna Mezogiorno in Mike Newell's 2007 adaptation of Marquez's Love in the Time of Cholera.
Owned by European stars of the silver screen, Pombo retains a magic all of its own and is frequently booked out by film stars and celebrities who rejoice in its discretion and serenity.
You can rent the place in its entirety or simply select one of the five palatial apartments.
A rooftop pool with views of the city's cathedral, a personal chef, private masseuse, full staff and on-hand guide who customizes a private walking tour of the Cartagena landmarks that inspired so many of Marquez finest works are all available.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* A banquet in the sumptuous living room to feel like the King of Cartagena.
* The rooftop pool is one of the finest places to spend the afternoon in Cartagena.
* Stunning architecture and interiors that will blow your mind.
* Perfectly located in the heart of the historic centre of Cartagena.
* One block from the fine-dining including: Don Juan, La Perla and Ganesha Indian Restaurant.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* Services are limited. You might want to upgrade your stay with our concierge services.
* There are no iPod stations in the rooms.
* The house can be booked in its entirety or each apartment can be booked separately.
* The house is owned by the same people who own Casa Pestagua. If your group is bigger than 32 you can also get good deals there too.
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
Our talented team of local insiders has hand-picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours and bona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
Book with us and we'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We're a local company. Book with us and get access to exclusive TIC perks:
* Complimentary transport pick up from airport to house.
* We include a breakfast of champions in all of our house rentals.
* All of our houses have 24/7 security.
* Daily cleaning services free of charge *Discounts off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena.
* Complimentary upgrades on boat rental.
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want.
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants.
* The local lowdown on what's happening in Cartagena during your stay.
* An intoduction to the faces and places that make us smile.
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips.
If you're looking for some help finding the perfect place to stay in Cartagena or need help organising something else, contact our City Concierge team on:email@example.com
- Air Conditioning
- Dry cleaning
- Swimming Pool
- Rooftop Terrace
- Free Wi-Fi
- Safe Deposit Box