It's easy to see why the Carthusian monks of Cartagena chose Casa Restrepo to take their vow of silence in the 17th century. When you close the majestic doors, you shut off the white noise from the streets and enter an oasis of tranquility and serenity.
The decor has changed drastically over the years, thanks to a modern revamp led by William Restrepo, whose dual American and Colombian background feature strongly in the hotel's furnishings and processes. American Fridge? Check. Health conscious breakfast options? Check. Efficient service? Double check.
Scandinavian in design and colonial by nature, this boutique hotel's stripped back look is fed into each of the seven double suites named after a Grecian goddess.
Sublime beds, modern art and just enough exotic patterns to stay true to the Restrepo's Colombian ancestry are a dream team.
The ideal romantic haunt for those that don't like over-fussed pomp, and favor the practical Bauhaus design concept that's hard to find in many of Cartagena's loud-and-proud luxury abodes.
The rooftop lounge, complete with a Jacuzzi, and second floor chill-out space are sure to lull you into dreamy daze after a hectic day navigating Cartagena's beautifully chaotic streets. Plus, they are a great place to sprawl out while you are waiting for your other half to get ready.
Every box is ticked. From the in-house chefs that can whip up anything you fancy, to the delicious L'occitane toiletries in the bathroom and the Nordic fresh scent that cuts right through the Caribbean humidity, Casa Restrepo has taken cue from international hotels and redefined Cartagena's boutique hotel landscape as a result.
We think those Carthusian monks would give them their blessing.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* The delicious breakfast options that are healthy, fresh and tasty.
* The stunning attention to detail that personalizes your holiday experience to a T.
* Having a quiet haven to run to when the city hustle and bustle gets too much.
* The Scandinavian design and international service that brings the best home-from-home experience to your holiday.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* Each room only sleeps 2 people, so it's maybe not the best option for families.
* Breakfast is included, but other meals are not included in the price.
* If large groups do not rent out the entire house they will need to respect the guests and not make too much noise.
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
Our talented team of local insiders has hand-picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours and bona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
Book with us and we'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We're a local company. Book with us and get access to exclusive TIC perks:
* Complimentary transport pick up from airport to house.
* We include a breakfast of champions in all of our house rentals.
* All of our houses have 24/7 security.
* Daily cleaning services free of charge *Discounts off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena.
* Complimentary upgrades on boat rental.
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want.
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants.
* The local lowdown on what's happening in Cartagena during your stay.
* An intoduction to the faces and places that make us smile.
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips.
If you're looking for some help finding the perfect place to stay in Cartagena or need help organising something else, contact our City Concierge team on:email@example.com
- Air Conditioning
- Dry cleaning
- Swimming Pool
- Rooftop Terrace
- Free Wi-Fi
- Safe Deposit Box