Holiday Inn Express
The ultra-contemporary, ultra-affordable Holiday Inn Express chain gave Bocagrande's tired and overtested hotel scene a shot in the arm when it opened in 2015.
The express version of the popular brand is one of the new hotel benchmarks giving Cartagena's busiest beach district, Bocagrande, a much-needed facelift.
Found at the entrance to old "big mouth" less than five minutes in a taxi from the historic old town, Holiday Inn Express ticks the location box for visitors looking for a convenient hotel by the sea that doesn't take you too far from Cartagena's best nightlife and main tourist attractions.
Holiday Inn Express offers guests slick interior design and a wonderful rooftop pool that's just made for skipping out of your business conference to spend a lazy day lounging in the sun.
The pool's up-lit neon theme also makes the hotel a beacon for romantic sorts looking for some rest and relaxation too.
Rooms are crisp and well turned out and set up for business-minded travellers in town to do some serious networking.
Each room comes with a desk, free high-speed internet, free local calls and a safe deposit box for your laptop so there's no excuses to get out and enjoy some of the great Arabic, tapas and healthy eating options on the doorstep.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* The neon-lit rooftop pool is a great spot to get romantic and take in the view after a day sightseeing or networking
* For a budget hotel it has a great contemporary feel
* Access to the busiest beach in Cartagena, Bocagrande
* It's a 10-minute walk or a 5-minute taxi ride to Cartagena's Old Town
* Being close to some great family restaurants in downtown Bocagrande
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* Bocagrande's beach is great for a little sea air and some people watching, but for the idyllic Caribbean beach experience you should head to the Rosario Islands
* There's a conference centre downstairs that fits up to 200 people if you're thinking of bringing the team to Cartagena.
* This special price is a non-refundable rate. Please note if cancelled, modified or in case of no show, the total price of the booking will be charged
* The rates in Colombian pesos include 16% sales tax for Colombian guests. Colombians who pay at the destination and foreign citizens whose purpose of travel was not for rest or recreation, must pay 16% sales tax at the hotel at check-out time
* Rates do not include hotel insurance, which must be paid per person, per night directly at the hotel
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
We know the city better than anyone. Our talented team of local insiders has hand picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours andbona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
We'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We're a local company. Book with us and you get:
* Up to 30% off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena
* Exclusive deals on boat and yacht rentals
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants
* The local lowdown on what's happening in Cartagena during your stay
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips
If you're looking for some help organising your trip or have a question that needs answering, contact our City Concierge team:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Air Conditioning
- Dry cleaning
- Swimming Pool
- Rooftop Terrace
- Wheel chair access
- Free Wi-Fi
- Concierge Service
- Safe Deposit Box