Holiday Inn Cartagena Morros
Business travellers and families looking for the perfect pad to loosen their ties, creature comforts and easy access to international cuisine will feel right at home at Holiday Inn.
It's a 14-story chunk of a thing with a window fronted exterior that fits perfectly with the Miami style glossy promenade this up-and-coming neighbourhood is going for.
Originally designed as an apartment block catering to the 4x4 Jeep type of Colombian this place commits to a more American style living than a traditional Caribbean one. If it wasn't for the tropical fruit platters, nearby beach and jaw-dropping views from the upper floor rooms you would have to pinch yourself to believe you were on the Caribbean coast and not in a sprawling city metropolis.
The rooms are spacious and have a more homely feel than the boxy resort style rooms that we all know and loathe, and that's all because designer, Miguel Sotto, aka Designer God of Colombia, injected lots of colour into the common spaces and rooms, with vibrant tiles, bright square sofas and lamps littered throughout.
These rich designs redefine the boring business hotel concept that usually makes us want to pull a sickie. When form and function are served in equal doses the overall effect is professional and stylish.
For once your business trip won't be chore. The two stylish meeting rooms here definitely beat the home office. Staff are have lots of experience catering to the business crowd and can provide anything you need for deals to go off without a hitch.
The location is a winner. A safe distance away from the the bustling historical centre, you will be able to get your 40 winks in peace away from the crowds and the best beach in Cartagena is right on your doorstep.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* It's a resort style hotel that is infused with colour and personal touches
* Staying away from the maddening crowd and getting plugged into Colombia's new favourite barrio
* Staying somewhere that functions for business and pleasure, so you can mix meetings with a beach stop
* Spacious rooms that afford blissful daytime siesta breaks when you are not by the pool
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* This is a modern hotel that takes inspiration from contemporary design. History buffs looking for a more traditional stay are better off in the centre
* A taxi to the city centre should cost around USD $7
* Bed arrangements are only confirmed and allocated on arrival
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
We know the city better than anyone. Our talented team of local insiders has hand picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours and bona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
We'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We're a local company. Book with us and you get:
* Up to 30% off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena
* Exclusive deals on boat and yacht rentals
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants
* The local lowdown on what’s happening in Cartagena during your stay
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips
If you're looking for some help organising your trip or have a question that needs answering, contact our City Concierge team: email@example.com
- Air Conditioning
- Dry cleaning
- Family rooms
- Swimming Pool
- Rooftop Terrace
- Meeting rooms
- Wheel chair access
- Free Wi-Fi
- Concierge Service
- Lounge bar
- Safe Deposit Box