Book yourself in for some full-on rest and recuperation with a sea view in a newly refurbished suite in Cartagena’s Grand Old Dame, the Hotel Caribe.
If you thought Cartagena’s cultural history was locked inside the 16th century walls of Cartagena, think again.
There’s more than meets the eye to Hotel Caribe, a seriously handsome hotel spot that distinguishes itself from the generic resort types that occupy Bocagrande’s suit-and-tie hotel strip.
It’s confident, and has reason to be. It was the first hotel built in Cartagena to accommodate the arrival of American oil executives in 1950s Bocagrande has maintained its historic charm whilst bringing itself bang up-to-date with a tasteful 2014 upgrade.
Everyone from the ‘who’s who’of Colombia’s social elite have wined, dined and stayed there. Plus, they occupy a privileged spot adjacent to Cartagena’s most popular beach where they reserve special beach umbrellas on the best bit of sand for their guests.
Ostentatious in the stellar service and options it offers to clients, a 50/50 mix of well-travelled nationals and foreigners, you have everything you need at your fingertips.
An Olympic-sized swimming pool, three great restaurants, nine conference rooms and a wealth of children-friendly activities to keep your little cherubs busy while you’re topping up your tan or treating yourself to some green fire in their emerald store.
There are toucans and iguanas in their garden. Need we say more?
With large guestrooms found throughout the hotel’s three towers - Colonial, Laguito and Lagomar - this hotel serves up panoramic views of Cartagena’s busy beach district, including ‘Hollywood Beach’, one of the liveliest stretches of sand in Cartagena.
If you’ve already booked a different place to stay, you can still enjoy the merits of Hotel Caribe with a day pass. Which gives you access to their pool, gym and includes lunch.
WHAT WE LOVE
* Staying in one of Cartagena’s most-loved cultural institutions. Check out the black-and-white photo of Colombia’s ex-president Galán for some ultimate Colombian star gazing.
* Waking up to a sea view before putting in some early morning laps in an Olympic-sized pool.
* A pre-dinner pitstop at their casual sushi hangout, Karibukai before a night cap at Bar Bolero
* Clocking toucans and other exotic animals while strolling around their luscious garden grounds
* Easy access to Hollywood Beach, perfect for some people watching at weekends
* Less than 10 minutes to Cartagena’s Old Town in a taxi
* A lobster lunch in the beachfront restaurant
* Being close to some great family restaurants in downtown Bocagrande
* It’s a five minute walk from the city’s best surf spot
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* You get a 10% discount on all This Is Cartagena's Tours & Experiences if you book a bed with us
* Cartagena's beaches can disappoint at times. For the idyllic Caribbean beach experience you will need to hire a yacht and head to the Rosario Islands
* This special price is a non-refundable rate. Please note if cancelled, modified or in case of no show, the total price of the booking will be charged
* The rates in Colombian pesos include 16% sales tax for Colombian guests. Colombians who pay at the destination and foreign citizens whose purpose of travel was not for rest or recreation, must pay 16% sales tax at the hotel at check-out time
* Rates do not include hotel insurance, which must be paid per person, per night directly at the hotel
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
We know the city better than anyone. Our talented team of local insiders has hand picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours andbona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
We'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We're a local company. Book with us and you get:
* Up to 30% off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena
* Exclusive deals on boat and yacht rentals
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants
* The local lowdown on what's happening in Cartagena during your stay
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips
If you're looking for some help organising your trip or have a question that needs answering, contact our City Concierge team:email@example.com
- Air Conditioning
- Dry cleaning
- Family rooms
- Swimming Pool
- Meeting rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
- Concierge Service
- Room service
- Lounge bar
- Safe Deposit Box