Drop the words ‘Hotel Monterrey’into a chat with a local and they are bound to respond with a ‘oooooh, que vista’ (what a view).
Hotel Monterrey sits at the mouth of Getsemani, sandwiched between the historic old town and the bustling night-owl district, it’s also across from the park (one of the few green spaces in the city centre) and rubs shoulders with the Cartagena Convention Centre. You literally couldn't get more of a prime location.
If this hotel had a saying it would be, the higher up you go, the better it gets, because whilst the bedrooms keep it pretty hush-hush with monochrome furnishings and minimalist furniture, the rooftop outside areas do all the talking in true Colombian style: big, bold, passionate - with streaks of colour.
An acid green tiled pool peeks over the convention centre, cleverly coordinating itself with the emerald parasols and towering leafy palms that protect you from turning that bronze tan into a lobster burn ( good thing too - because green and red really don't go well together).
The dining area is a seriously fierce mix of black wicker tables and chairs, sexy red cushions and a jaw dropping backdrop of Cartagena’s intoxicating mish-mash of vibrant colours and a colonial skyline view you wont be able to match on any postcard.
The wooden terrace bar - think of a sophisticated beach shack - gives you the perfect excuse to wile away an evening under the stars, away from the hustle and bustle, with a refreshing G & T in hand.
That said, you would be a fool not to make the most of the location. After knocking out a few rounds in the pool and the bar you will be pleased to know that when dinner time strikes a splatter of the city’s best restaurants, such as Marea by Rausch and Red Knife, are a hop, skip and jump away. There are also plenty of nearby dancing options close by to work off all those holiday calories.
This place invites you to really enjoy life the costeño way, which is outside in the sun with friends, as opposed to cooped up in your room away from all the action. And when you’ve got the best of Cartagena right before your very eyes, how could you argue otherwise?
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* Their is a fabulous postcard worthy view at every turn
* A winning location that plugs you into every part of the city - not to mention the fabulous restaurants and night haunts you have on your doorstep
* When it comes to low budget,/high-quality options in the city centre you will be hard pushed to find somewhere better than this
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* The hotel has 30 double rooms
* The bedrooms aren’t as impressive as the outside spaces, which just gives you more reason to get out and enjoy what the city has to offer.
* There are no family rooms at this hotel so it’s best suited to couples
* A complimentary breakfast and welcome cocktail are included in the price of the room
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
We know the city better than anyone. Our talented team of local insiders has hand picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours and bona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
We'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We're a local company. Book with us and you get:
* Up to 30% off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena
* Exclusive deals on boat and yacht rentals
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants
* The local lowdown on what’s happening in Cartagena during your stay
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips
If you're looking for some help organising your trip or have a question that needs answering, contact our City Concierge team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Air Conditioning
- Swimming Pool
- Rooftop Terrace
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Concierge Service
- Lounge bar
- Safe Deposit Box