Hotel Las Américas Torre del Mar
Setting the bar for Cartagena Beach Resorts, Hotel Las Américas Torre del Mar, is the crisp contemporary extension of the beachfront hotel that put theMiami-esquebeach district, Los Morros on the map.
Sitting pretty on the city's most expansive stretch of sand, the modern, luxurious wing of Cartagena's biggest hotel complex, Las Américas Beach Resort, Spa & Conference Center, is a glorious beachfront venue to relax with the family, indulge your senses and put a put a few miles back on the clock.
Including the adjacent Beach House, Hotel Las Américas has a total of 530 comfortable rooms and suites, making it Cartagena's biggest hotel complex.
The hotel's local owners pull out all the stops to keep up to a 1,000 visitors happy on a daily basis with myriad options for R&R, including the family friendly cascading pools, fountain filled pools for kids and an infinity pool on the roof that's strictly for grown-ups.
Dining options to the north of the city are limited but the hotel offers residents top-notch eating in Erre by Ramón Freixa, a rooftop restaurant with a lofty view and a heavenly tapas and tasting menu.
Whilst most of the action takes place in the hotel's cascading pool area, Los Morros beach is also a Mecca for watersports including a host of kitesurf schools and Cartagena Flyboard for holidaymakers that can't leave their superhero attitude at home.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* Crisp, clean contemporary design that will make you think differently about Cartagena and Colombia
* A family friendly resort in a country that puts family first
* The delights of a tasting menu at Erre by Ramon Freixa - the restaurant's executive chef has already earned himself two Michelin stars at his restaurants in Spain so it's a cut above
* Being out-of-town has its benefits when it comes to switching off and recharging the batteries
* In-house entertainment for the kids so you can relax and know that you're little treasures are enjoying themselves as much as you are
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* The locals will tell you that the hotel is 'muy lejos' - too far from town but it's only a $7 taxi ride (15 minutes) to the historic centre
* Most of the city's best dining options and sightseeing are a 15 minute taxi ride away
* The adjacent Casa de Playa with duplex apartments is even more family orientated
* The hotel specializes in all-inclusive packages. Ask for details
* Rates in Colombian pesos include 16% sales tax for Colombian guests. Colombians who will pay at the destination and foreign citizens whose purpose of travel was not for rest or recreation, must pay 16% sales tax at the hotel at check-out time
* Rates do not include hotel insurance, which must be paid per person, per night directly at the hotel
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
We know the city better than anyone. Our talented team of local insiders has hand picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours andbona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
We'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE
We're a local company. Book with us and you get:
* Up to 30% off the best tours & experiences
* Exclusive deals on boat and yacht rentals
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants
* The local lowdown on what's happening in Cartagena during your stay
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips
If you're looking for some help organising your trip or have a question that needs answering, contact our City Concierge team:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Air Conditioning
- Dry cleaning
- Family rooms
- Swimming Pool
- Rooftop Terrace
- Meeting rooms
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Tennis court
- Wheel chair access
- Free Wi-Fi
- Concierge Service
- Room service
- Lounge bar
- Safe Deposit Box