Hotel Charleston Santa Teresa
The former monastery and police station underwent a high profile conversion in 1992, playing an important part in transforming the historic center from a dingy, dirty no-go zone into the millionaires' playground it has become.
Twenty years later its set to undergo an even more dramatic conversion with international chains, Ritz Carlton and St Regis, battling it out to make the hotel their Cartagena debut.
Book one of the hotel's spectacular colonial rooms with a sea view before this grand dame of the historic centre gets its next international upgrade.
It's got heaps of charm and plenty of luxury fixtures and fittings for the most demanding visitor.
Colombia's king of interior design, Miguel Soto, gave the rooms a light, modern touch in a recent refit that brought the hotel bang up to date.
Harry Sasson, the Colombian equivalent of Lima's culinary revolutionary, Gaston Acurio, was brought in to breathe new life into the hotel's restaurant offering and he created a light, airy space with a collection of his finest creations to delight his demanding public.
The hotel's cloister and grand salon are picture perfect for grandiose weddings and other star-studded events.
You'll need to pinch yourself in the Charleston's rooftop pool. Slide into a picture postcard with a coconut lemonade in hand and admire the sublime view of the cupolas of San Pedro church.
The terracotta rooftops of Cartagena's historic centre contrast with the thrusting post-modernism of the Miami-esque towers of Bocagrande.
You won't ever want to come down.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* A delightful dip in the Charleston's rooftop pool makes any trip to Cartagena
* The Charleston Santa Teresa has got Cartagena's best shopping on the doorstep.
* Taking a romantic stroll along the historic walls couldn't get any easier
* A little pampering in the hotel's luxury spa works wonders
* Everyone loves a wedding at the Charleston with a celebration on the historic walls
* Harry Sasson's restaurant in the hotel's patio. It's big, bold and beautiful. The food's pretty good too
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* The hotel pulls out all the stops at New Year with one of Cartagena's biggest parties
* This special price is a non-refundable rate. Please note if cancelled, modified or in case of no show, the total price of the booking will be charged
* The rates in Colombian pesos include 16% sales tax for Colombian guests. Colombians who pay at the destination and foreign citizens whose purpose of travel was not for rest or recreation, must pay 16% sales tax at the hotel at check-out time
* Rates do not include hotel insurance, which must be paid per person, per night directly at the hotel
* You get a 10% discount on all This Is Cartagena Tours & Experiences if you book a bed with us
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
We know the city better than anyone. Our talented team of local insiders has hand picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours andbona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
We'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We're a local company. Book with us and you get:
* Up to 30% off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena
* Exclusive deals on boat and yacht rentals
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants
* The local lowdown on what's happening in Cartagena during your stay
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips
If you're looking for some help organizing your trip or have a question that needs answering, contact our City Concierge team: email@example.com
- Air Conditioning
- Dry cleaning
- Family rooms
- Swimming Pool
- Rooftop Terrace
- Meeting rooms
- Wheel chair access
- Free Wi-Fi
- Concierge Service
- Lounge bar
- Safe Deposit Box