InterContinental Cartagena Hotel
Looking for a pool with some serious pulling power? The infinite beauty of the InterContinental Cartagena Hotel's watery wonder is worth checking in for on its own.
The luxury hotel chain's long-awaited debut in Cartagenapooledout all the stops with a towering intervention that has managed to give Bocagrande back some of its fading pomp.
This five-star addition to Cartagena's towering skyline that opened in 2015 has already become the go-to destination for business executives in town to splash the company credit cards.
Perfectly placed for those with a work-hard play-hard philosophy, the InterContinental takes everything it does very seriously.
The hotel's service is great and the rooms are decked out in a chilled blue and white motif with all the modern comforts expected of a businss-friendly hotel in the tropics.
You won't miss a thing if you're in town on business but you'll find it difficult not to get distracted by the pool and the stunning sea views on offer in most of the hotel's 282 rooms.
It's the hotel's special connection to the Caribbean horizon at pool level that make this such a landmark in Cartagena's hotel offering.
As well a its undisputed popularity with the business set that fill the cavenous conference centre downstairs, this is also a popular spot for large groups looking to get some sunshine away from the winter chill of North America and Europe.
With just about everything you might need in the mall downstairs, from artisanal beer to big betting and a cinema, the InterContinental Cartagena has the word convenience running through its core like a stick of Brighton rock.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* The infinity pool has one of the city's most relaxing views. It's a magical spot to watch the sun set into the Caribbean
* There's nothing like a little luxury in the heart of Cartagena's bustling beach district
* Direct access to the busiest beach in Cartagena, Bocagrande
* Having a cinema and one of Cartagena's only beachfront pubs downstairs
* People that like a flutter will enjoy having the city's biggest casino in the same building
* Having some great restaurants and convenient shopping on the doorstep
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* For the idyllic Caribbean beach experience you will need to hire a yacht and head to the Rosario Islands
* It's a ten-minute taxi ride from Cartagena's historic centre
* This special price is a non-refundable rate. Please note if cancelled, modified or in case of no show, the total price of the booking will be charge
* The rates in Colombian pesos include 16% sales tax for Colombian guests. Colombians who pay at the destination and foreign citizens whose purpose of travel was not for rest or recreation, must pay 16% sales tax at the hotel at check-out tim
* Rates do not include hotel insurance, which must be paid per person, per night directly at the hotel
* You get a 10% discount on all This Is Cartagena Tours & Experiences if you book a bed with us
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
We know the city better than anyone. Our talented team of local insiders has hand picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours andbona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
We'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We're a local company. Book with us and you get:
* Up to 30% off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena
* Exclusive deals on boat and yacht rentals
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants
* The local lowdown on what's happening in Cartagena during your stay
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips
If you're looking for some help organising your trip or have a question that needs answering, contact our City Concierge team: email@example.com
- Air Conditioning
- Dry cleaning
- Family rooms
- Swimming Pool
- Rooftop Terrace
- Wheel chair access
- Free Wi-Fi
- Concierge Service
- Room service
- Lounge bar
- Safe Deposit Box