Hotel Las Americas Beach House
Hotel Las Americas Beach House is a tropical, beachfront resort that's ideal for families looking for a stress-free Caribbean escape.
The original part of the extensive Las Americas Beach Resort, Spa & Conference Center, the popular Casa de Playa was dwarfed has been dwarfed by its contemporary, younger brother next door but its lost none of its draw as a premier resort for families looking to chill in Cartagena.
Connected to its modern neighbour by 400 m of well-groomed Caribbean beach. In total, Hotel Las Americas Resort has a total of 530 comfortable rooms and suites, making it Cartagena's most important hotel complex.
The hotel's local owners pull out all the stops to keep up to a 1,000 visitors happy on a daily basis with myriad options for family fun and the serious business of Caribbean R&R.
With its tropical, mainly ground-level setting, Hotel Las Americas Beach House plays well with active parents that want to spend some quality time with their little ones or the more lethargic variety that want to switch off safe in the knowledge that they will be more than entertained.
There's no shortage of activities for kids with waterslides, parrots and a host of activities organized for little people by the resort's cuddly pirate, Capitan Estrella.
Whilst dining options to the north of the city are limited the hotel offers residents top-notch eating with its high-end dining experience - Erre by Ramon Freixa, a rooftop restaurant with a lofty view, heavenly tapas and tasting menu as well as great buffet meals that will be a pleasant surprise to the meat and carb' fests associated with lesser all-inclusive resorts.
Whilst most of the action takes place around the hotel's nine swimming pools, Los Morros beach is also a Mecca for watersports including a host of kitesurf schools and Cartagena Flyboard for restless visitors that can't leave their superhero attitude at home.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* A tropical setting that puts you in the Caribbean mood
* There aren't many family friendly resort that beat this in Cartagena
* The delights of a being able to leave the kids with a babysitter while you try the menu at Erre by Ramon Freixa - the restaurant's executive chef has already earned himself two Michelin stars at his restaurants in Spain so it's a cut above
* Being out-of-town has its benefits when it comes to switching off and recharging the batteries
* In-house entertainment for the kids so you can relax and know that you're little treasures are enjoying themselves as much as you are
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* The locals will tell you that the hotel is 'muy lejos' - too far - from town but it's only a $7 taxi ride (15 minutes) to the historic centre
* Most of the city's best dining options and sightseeing are a 15 minutes taxi ride away
* The adjacent Beach Tower is even more orientated to couples and groups
* The hotel specializes in all-inclusive packages. Ask for details
* Rates in Colombian pesos include 16% sales tax for Colombian guests. Colombians who will pay at the destination and foreign citizens whose purpose of travel was not for rest or recreation, must pay 16% sales tax at the hotel at check-out time
* Rates do not include hotel insurance, which must be paid per person, per night directly at the hotel
* The hotel allows cancellation without charge up to 7 days before the check-in, after that period 2 nights will be charged. In case of No-show or partial cancellation the whole booking may be charged
* The Hotel charges USD$287.28 as a late cancellation penalty
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
We know the city better than anyone. Our talented team of local insiders has hand picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours andbona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
We'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE
We're a local company. Book with us and you get:
* Up to 30% off the best tours & experiences
* Exclusive deals on boat and yacht rentals
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants
* The local lowdown on what's happening in Cartagena during your stay
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips
If you're looking for some help organising your trip or have a question that needs answering, contact our City Concierge team:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Air Conditioning
- Dry cleaning
- Family rooms
- Swimming Pool
- Rooftop Terrace
- Meeting rooms
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Tennis court
- Wheel chair access
- Free Wi-Fi
- Concierge Service
- Room service
- Lounge bar
- Safe Deposit Box