San Lazaro Hotel
Everyone loves a fortress, but let’s face it, for most of us a castle stay sits annoyingly in the tough, tougher and nigh impossible section of our travel bucket list.
Then along came San Lazaro Art Lifestyle Hotel: an ultra-modern hip hideout that decided to set up shop in front of the San Felipe Castle, Cartagena’s awe-inspiring colonial fortress built by the Spanish between 1536 and 1657.
Each one of the thirty-two rooms plays homage to a modern day princess. Keen on the idea that a muted colour palette never goes out of fashion there are lots of greys, creams and magnolia shades to keep appearances tres chic.
The hotel’s soft upholstery and crisp lines create a ‘calm,cool and collected’look that’s as ‘proper’and manicured as the hair of British heiress, Kate Middleton.
The modern suites boast show stopping views of the castle to wake up to in the morning making it definitely worth the upgrade. Toast your morning coffee to Cartagena’s architectural treasures before making your way around town (in horse and carriage naturally).
Brought to you by the same team that created Allure Chocolat, the hotel’s owners know all too well that a room with a view is good, a pool with a view even better.
So for a real sample of the high-life, the rooftop pool offers magnificent views of the castle and the city. Night time here is really something special.
This hotel has cleverly conquered a new neighbourhood in town that captures the historical essence of the city like no one else. Get a piece of the action before the crowds beat you to it!
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
* A distinctly modern hotel that has eyes to the past
* Feeling like royalty in a regal setting
* Spending all day and night by the pool and deciding what time of day offers the best view (we vote night!)
* Staying outside the walls offers a new perspective on Cartagena’s everyday life you don’t normally see on postcards
* Having some of the best shopping on your doorstep in Mall Plaza Shopping Center
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
* San Lazaro Art Lifestyle Hotel is pretty central despite being located outside the city walls
* This hotel does not have a restaurant on its premises but does offer a complimentary breakfast to guests
* This hotel has wheelchair access, a rare find in this city
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
We know the city better than anyone. Our talented team of local insiders has hand picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours and bona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
We'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We’re a local company. Book with us and you get:
* Up to 30% off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena
* Exclusive deals on boat and yacht rentals
* City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want
* Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants
* The local lowdown on what’s happening in Cartagena during your stay
* Our local knowledge at your fingertips
If you're looking for some help organising your trip or have a question that needs answering, contact our City Concierge team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Air Conditioning
- Family rooms
- Swimming Pool
- Rooftop Terrace
- Meeting rooms
- Wheel chair access
- Free Wi-Fi
- Concierge Service
- Safe Deposit Box