A relaxed cabaña retreat away from the crowds packed with water sport action.
There is a marvellous selection of water sports at Sport Baru's luxury 16 room beach resort.
Despite its athletic name, we highly doubt you’ll be lacing up your Nike Airs to do rounds around the beach.
Instead, Sport Baru will inject a more tropical spin to your dry gym workout with jetski and kayak options to dip your wet feet into.
There are 16 rooms of the posh cabaña variety, and a new attractive modern section where the rooms have a cleaner feel.
Plopped in the middle of nowhere, Sport Baru gives you that off-the-tourist-route feel, yet enough atmosphere to keep A.D.D holiday sorts occupied. Follow our suit, head to the beach bar; order a Coco Loco and spark up a conversation with fellow island hoppers.
The raised wooden cabins sit above the beach nestled amongst the palm trees. You’ve got your picture perfect Caribbean cliché exteriors: bamboo-thatched roofs, expansive wooden balconies and sweeping views. Inside is a posher affair, which means comfortable beds and walls thin enough to permit the hypnotic sounds of the waves, but thick enough to drown out the white noise.
Rise with the sunshine on your face and a glass of freshly squeezed OJ in your bronzed hand before picking at the groaning breakfast buffet table, full to gills with Colombia’s finest produce. That should set you up nicely for a day of beach massages, boat excursions or mangrove hopping.
Simple, stylish and slow-paced. What more could you want from a beach retreat?
THIS IS WHAT WE LOVE
- Living the jungle life with all the luxury toppings
- Feeling away from the tourist crowd and part of the Cartagena in-crowd
- Beautiful island views no matter what room you’re in
- Starting your day with a homemade lemonade under the shade of your thatched roof
- Splitting your beach days between lying horizontal on the sand and cruising the sea in jet ski and kayak
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- You don’t come here for the private beaches – which are small and underwhelming. But the resort does daily runs to the more superior playa Agua Azul that is definitely worth the visit.
- The hotel has recently built a new section to their resort which is has more of a Miami beach feel
- There are three different room types to choose from. Standard, suite and deluxe suite, making it perfect for couples and small groups
- Transport to and from the resort is not included in the price of room. Additional $45USD Round trip + dock taxes (USD$5)
- Breakfast is included
- There are no TV's in rooms
THIS IS CARTAGENA BENEFITS
We know the city better than anyone. Our talented team of local insiders has hand picked the very best the city has to offer. From tailor-made tours and bona fide experiences to the best places to stay, eat and play in Cartagena, we've got the keys to the city.
We'll leave them under the welcome mat for you.
BUY LOCAL & UNLOCK THE CITY
We’re a local company. Book with us and you get:
- Up to 30% off the best tours & experiences in Cartagena
- Exclusive deals on boat and yacht rentals
- City Concierge services. Get exactly what you want, when you want
- Table reservations at Cartagena's best restaurants
- The local lowdown on what’s happening in Cartagena during your stay
- Our local knowledge at your fingertips
If you're looking for some help organising your trip or have a question that needs answering, contact our City Concierge team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Air Conditioning
- Dry cleaning
- Family rooms
- Pets Allowed