Islands Day Trip
Fancy a day in paradise that doesn't need to cost the earth? Who wouldn't? Soak up the sun and sea with the ultimate chill-out session in the Rosario Islands.
Enjoy a day trip to a laid-back, family-orientated beach resort that will blitz all of your Caribbean fantasies of platinum sands and crystalline waters.
* A day trip to your own island paradise
* Transport by shared speedboat to your desert island destination
* A day at Cartagena's premium beach resort
* A traditional buffet lunch of fresh fish, coconut rice and fried plantains and drink
* Use of the beach resort's facilities
* Use of kayaks and other non-motorized water toys
* Towels and access to the hotel's bathrooms / shower facilities
* Pick up from hotel if your hotel is within 5km of the city centre
* Alcoholic drinks
* Overnight accommodation
* Taxes at the Quay (COP$14.500 / USD$8)
* Jetski, snorkel & diving equipment
* Drop off
The Real Cartagena
Up to your eyeballs with the tourist trail? Then it’s time to let a local insider take you under their wing for a spectacular grass roots tour of the city.
If you scorn at cruise ships, socks-and-sandals and postcard perfection then this off-the-beaten-track journey is guaranteed to feed your inner curious George. The five hour tour takes you from the famous clock tower to the depths of Getsmani, Bazurto market and La Boquilla, where real Cartageneros go about their everyday life.
Shake hands with locals, sink your teeth into the exotic cuisine of the barrio and enlighten yourself on Cartagena's fascinating history and culture, that goes beyond Cartagena's picturesque walled streets.
End the tour with a stopover at social enterprise, an inspirational institution transforming the fabric of the troubled San Francisco district.
* A six hour tour that digs deep inside the real Cartagena
* Transport from the central meeting point onwards
* A social and historical commentary about the city from the eyes of a local who's seen it all
* Bazurto market tour and exotic food tasting that includes some weird and wonderful local delicacies and lovely fresh fruit
* Canoe ride through the mangroves of La Boquilla
* A traditional seafood platter served with coconut rice, plantain, salad and a soft drink
* Meet locals in town
WHAT TO BRING
* A sunhat
* Bottled water
* Walking shoes
* Sunscreen (pallid skin tones and mangroves aren't the best mix)
Island Hopping in Style
If this day out exploring Cartagena’s Rosario Islands with your own private yacht doesn’t make you want to quit your job and move south we don’t know what will. Avoid the crowds and let the experts show you the best places to snorkel, party and chillax.
A home run for sun deprived visitors to Cartagena, this trip of a lifetime never fails to put a smile on the faces of New Yorkers and Londoners looking to leave the winter blues behind and re-charge the batteries in crystalline Caribbean waters.
Cartagena's best beaches are sprinkled throughout the Rosario Islands and Baru 45 minutes from the old town. For the masses getting there involves a torturous ride on a boat named after a legendary US prison. Don't make that mistake.
Escape Alcatraz and treat yourself to the Ultimate Island Experience, a bespoke day out with your own speedboat or yacht.
Skip the obligatory early start and cattle class experience of shared transport at Cartagena's Muelle Turistico, your private boat will pick you up when you want and where you want with cold beers, vodka or champagne on ice.
With a fully bilingual guide on hand to ensure you find your perfect Caribbean corner, this bespoke experience ticks every box.
All you have to do is pick a boat that fits your budget and brief our in-the-know experts so they can ensure you find the best places to snorkel, party, propose or chillax.
* A yacht or speedboat that fits your budget to explore the Rosario Islands
* Fully trained skipper and his first mate
* Heaps of sun and fun island hopping through the Rosario Islands
* Cooler filled with ice
* Fuel & Taxes
Cartagena Art Tour
Art buffs seeking contact with the figures shaping Cartagena's flourishing art scene and to scratch beneath the surface of the city's most cultural barrio, Getsemani will love this in-depth journey into Cartagena's art world.
Visit the city's most alluring galleries as well as the studios of talented local artists to discover why Cartagena is becoming such a cultural hotspot.
Explore Getsemani, Cartagena's emerging cultural quarter, learn about the barrio's street art scene, and the graffiti gallery that has given a face to the neighbourhood's most revolutionary former resident, Pedro Romero.
Visit the studios of three local artists that have made Cartagena and the thriving streets of Getsemani their muse and pick up a little something worth taking home with you and hanging on your wall.
Given the healthy returns being posted by Colombian art in auctions around the world it would be foolish to go home without a little cultural loot of your own. Who knows it could be the best investment you ever make on holiday.
* Bilingual guide for a 3 hour tour of the hottest art galleries and studios in Cartagena
* Entry to contemporary art galleries
* A guided tour of the street art of Getsemaní
* A bottle of water
* A coffee in one of the city's most cultured caffeine pitstops
WHAT TO BRING
A camera, comfortable clothes and a bag to take home your art
A Very Different Private City Tour
Colourful guides with character dedicated to hook you up with the personalities that keep Cartagena smiling, this very different city tour is perfect for visitors who don't have much time in Cartagena but want to see as much of the city as possible.
Escape the heat in an air-conditioned car, with a billingual certified guide with a larger-than-life personality, someone who's ready not only to take you to the city's most beautiful and extraordinary sites but is on a mission to connect you with the characters that make Cartagena so special.
In each of the very different barrios in Cartagena's centre you will not only see the main attractions but you'll get a sneak peak into real people's homes and be shown by the experts - the locals - what makes the city tick.
This isn't your average city tour you'll be leaving with a handful of new friends and a real sense of Cartagena's real treasure, its people.
* Four-hour tour of the city in your own private car
* Vistas of Cartagena's picturesque beaches
* Amazing views of the city from atop the convent Cerro de La Popa
* Explore the historic tunnels of the San Felipe Castle
* All entry fees and a certified bilingual guide are included
* Plenty of contact with local experts and character
Old Town Bike Tour
From families looking to share a great experience to bachelor parties looking to break up the drinking, this fun tour gets you around the city fast and easy
Cruise the narrow streets of Cartagena by bike and enjoy the greenest, smartest and healthiest way to get to know Cartagena's historic old town.
Our two-wheeled tour of the city includes special entry into some of the most photogenic corners of Cartagena.
*A bicycle with helmet
* A three-hour tour of Cartagena's walled city
* Fully bilingual guide
* Ride on top of the colonial walls around downtown and visit different plazas, antique and modern houses
* Refreshing coconut water
Cartagena Cocktail Tour
For cocktail connoisseurs that want to see and understand the city in a different light, this classy bar crawl takes you to Cartagena's hottest drinking dens. Beginner and expert mixologists welcome.
The Cartagena Cocktail Tour is a unique experience for saucy visitors who want to learn where to find the best cocktails and drinking holes in Cartagena and pick up a little more than history along the way.
* One round of cocktails at every stop
* A bottle of local hooch for in-between slugs
* Nocturnal inspiration on where to drink in Cartagena
* A little souvenir
* Assistance booking tables at Cartagena's best restaurants en route.
* Help getting your name on the guest list for the city's top clubs
* A Bilingual guide
Cartagena Photo Tour
With a simple philosophy of offering tours that enhance your life skills, why not hone your photography skills on your Caribbean escape? Learn to take better holiday snaps in a spectacular setting so people might actually want to see when you get back home.
If you're an explorer at heart and want to take slick, stunning photos of Cartagena then this photo tour is for you. The Revealing Cartagena Photo Tour will take you off-the beaten track to capture Cartagena's most visually intriguing aspects.
Apart from learning how to take better holiday snaps this informed tour gets you up close and personal to the people that make Cartagena tick, the real characters that bring the place to life every day.
It's not just about getting the money shot of the Cathedral or Cartagena's walled history, this is about a meaningful cultural exchange with the locals and capturing those moments.
* 4-hour tour of the city's most authentic and visually stunning sites
* Photography workshop under the tutelage of a professional photographer
* Tips on taking better photos including exposure, depth, composition, subject and timing
* Cultural and historical explanations of the sites you visit
* Meet Cartagena's enigmatic locals
* Professional de-brief and review of your photos
* Useful map of the areas you visit
WHAT TO BRING?
* A camera
* Comfortable clothes
* COP$10,000 (USD$5.50) to buy something from the fruit-laden Palenqueras if you are after the classic Cartagena shot