A Perfect Cartagena NYE
See the year out in a footloose, stress-free fashion, with a euphoric week of sizzling soirees, island hopping in the Caribbean, fine dining throughout and limitless fun in the winter sun. This is why Cartagena is now the world’s hottest New Year’s Eve destination.
Happy New Year!
WHAT WE LOVE
* Arriving knowing that every detail of your New Year adventure has been taken care of
* Not having to deal with high season traffic with a villa in Cartagena’s historic center
* Sharing a delicious end-of-year meal with your closest friends
* Seeing in the New Year with a party on the city’s 17th century walls
* Soaking up the street party vibe and the New Year’s Eve fireworks from a privileged perch
* Kicking back during the day by the pool of your own colonial villa or apartment
* A special boat trip through the Rosario Islands – a day you’ll never forget
* Learning new tricks (fishing, cooking, dancing, mixology) from the locals
AN IDEAL ITINERARY
* Seven nights accommodation at a top colonial villa in the historic center of Cartagena
* A tasting menu at a top restaurant on New Year’s Eve
* Entry to the city’s top NYE party
* A boat for you and your crew for the end of year, Regatta Reggaeton or on January 2 (the busiest days of the year for renting boats)
* The choice of a historic walking tour, art tour or drinking tour
* A Caribbean rum-tasting experience that’s a treat for your tastebuds
* Enjoy Colombia’s best coffee ritual
* A belated Christmas present to take home with you
* Transportation to and from the airport
WHO WILL ENJOY IT?
Fun-loving friends and families that want to enjoy Cartagena’s persuasive New Year’s Eve attractions without the stress of fighting your way through the crowds
Most house owners won’t rent their place for less than 7 nights so make a week of it.
From USD$2,385 per person for a top experience.
Go Deluxe from USD$4,775 per person
If you want to up-spec’ your experience to include more than just the NYE celebrations, take the boat out more than once or throw some other tours or activities into the mix, send our concierge team an email with your phone number and a good time to call and they will get straight back to you to help shape an unforgettable New Year visit to Cartagena.
A Perfect New Year’s Eve in Cartagena
Your Colonial Bolt-hole
Stay at a luxury colonial mansionor a spacious vacation rental in the heart of Cartagena’s old town. Whatever your style, we’ll find you the perfect place. All of our holiday homes from home come with superior service, devilish attention to details and a designer flourish to ensure your stay is beyond superb.
The Perfect Party
There are so many parties going on over New Year it can be disorientating knowing which one to pick. We’re on-the-ground to find the perfect party for you and your group. Cartagena’s standout New Year’s Eve parties are normally of the pop-up, one-off variety. Variants include jet-set parties in 17th century ruins, stunning rooftop efforts with photogenic backdrops, or impromptu street parties with a Tropi-Pop vibe, gallons of the local hooch, aguardiente. We’ll find the perfect party for you and your crew.
We’ll ensure you taste the very best culinary treats Cartagena has to offer, especially on New Year’s Eve. We can also help book tables at the city’s top tables to ensure you taste the best the city has to offer during your stay. From sensational ceviche, to world class tasting menus, an intoxicating, five-star rum-tasting and a chance to savour the world’s best coffee in a special tasting ritual this is a week your taste buds won’t forget.
An Unforgettable Island Recovery Session
Slip away to the aquamarine waters for a world class islands recovery session on one of the toughest days of the year to hire a boat in Cartagena. Whether you want to join the party in Cholon or get away from the crowds at a more secluded cove for some snorkelling, there will be a fully-stocked floating fun palace ready and waiting for you.
Along the way, we’ll sate hunger pangs with daily culinary voyages to innovative restaurants, mix things up with a sizzling salsa session and finish things off with a cultural shopping trip, where you can pick up some seriously special souvenirs and Colombian cultural tokens.
Leave with a complimentary goodie bag filled with special treats, including a colourful handmade mochilla by the Wayuu indians, souvenirs, organic chocolate and coffee and some luxurious beauty products by famous Colombian brand Loto del Sur.
Tailor your NYE Experience
We like to mix it up a little. Here’s a few ideas that you might want to explore with your team to make your NYE extra special
All of our experiences are bespoke and can be tailored to your preferences and budget. To help you get creative here’s some extra-curricular activities you might want to throw into the New Year mix.
Put the Art in C-art-agena
Visit the city’s top galleries and art spaces and learn about Cartagena’s cultural riches with an expert on hand
Learn to Salsa
Get straight into the swing of things with some salsa classes. Get to work on those wooden hips and become an instant hit with the locals
It’s Spa Time
Indulge yourself with some pampering that will get you into a Caribbean groove. We’ll get someone to come by the house to help you relax
A Revealing Photo Tour
See the city in a new light and learn how to take better holiday snaps under the expert guidance of one of Cartagena’s most accomplished photographers
Discover the literary corners that inspired Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez to write his best work
Learn how to cook the city classic dishes with a local culinary magician that will send you home with some new kitchen skills
Work your way through some masterful mixology treats at one of the city’s top bars