The Real Cartagena
If you've already danced to Cartagena's colonial melody and want to tap into a more local beat, this authentic voyage into four of Cartagena's most traditional barrios will be right up your street.
Led by a charismatic local hero, the trail starts in the bad-boy-gone-good neighbourhood of Getsemaní, takes in a street food pitstop at the pulsating Bazurto market, a dreamy canoe ride through lush mangroves in La Boquilla and a visit an inspiring social project in the heart of the unpretentious San Francisco district.
Stay off the tourist tracks and absorb the entire cityscape to truly get under the skin of this complex, yet beautiful city.
* A five hour tour that digs deep inside the real Cartagena
* Transport from the central meeting point onwards
* A social and historical commentary about the city from the eyes of a local who's seen it all
* Bazurto market tour and exotic food tasting that includes some weird and wonderful local delicacies and lovely fresh fruit
* Canoe ride through the mangroves of La Boquilla
* A traditional seafood platter served with coconut rice, plantain, salad and a soft drink
* Meet locals in town
USD $95 per person (price based on a minimum of two people)
WHO WILL ENJOY IT?
Those hungry for an outside the walls experience and a journey that steers you away from the tourist track towards a better understanding of Cartagena and what makes it tick. This is a 5-hour tour, so be prepared to walk alot.
WHAT TO BRING
* A sunhat
* Bottled water
* Walking shoes
* Sunscreen (pallid skin tones and mangroves aren't the best mix)
- Meeting point at Claustro Santo Toribio, Centro, Calle Sargento Mayor, Calle 38, Cra 7, No. 6-107, Of 104